Do you have a Fort Worth TX house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the TX foreclosure process want to get out from under their burdensome house and wonder if they can sell the house during pre-foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Selling My House During Pre-Foreclosure in Fort Worth – How it works
There are a lot of folks in Fort Worth who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way they deal with foreclosure homes.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you prevent foreclosure by selling your house. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned some tricks to help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sales, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort dramatically. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you.
Call us now if you’re looking to sell your Fort Worth house in foreclosure.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Fort Worth and the whole state of TX get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash in your pocket with minimal damage to your credit.
If you need to sell a property near Fort Worth, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.